Country Roads of Wales, Devon and Cornwall - Classic Group, 2021
Country Roads Of Wales, Devon And Cornwall – Classic Group, 2021
Delve into the quintessential charm of Wales, Devon and Cornwall’s pleasant villages and extensive countryside, and explore the elegant grandeur of some of the most exquisite stately homes of the region.
Top Rated Highlights
- Oxford: See the dreaming spires and colleges of this world-famous university town.
- Cotswolds: This breathtaking area is about as quintessentially British as it gets. Honey-coloured stone houses line the winding streets of the area’s most beautiful towns and villages, while rapeseed fields decorate this colourful part of the UK in splashes of gold. See Bourton-on-the-Water and the pretty market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, before heading to the historic city of Bath, with its Roman and Georgian architecture.
- Bath: Explore the well-preserved Roman Baths with your Travel Director. Once used for public bathing, they are now open for visitors to explore their grounds and onsite museum.
- Cardiff: Learn more about Wales’ capital and cultural hub, Cardiff, as you enjoy an orientation of this vibrant city with your Travel Director.
- Glastonbury: See the historic Glastonbury Abbey. Founded in the 7th century, its ruins are now registered as a Grade I listed building.
- Exmoor: Visit Exmoor National Park in Somerset, a protected Area of Outstanding Beauty.
- Bideford: Famous for filming locations, visit a destination that captured the hearts of the directors of the 2018 movie, “Guernsey.”
- Plymouth: During your orientation tour with your Travel Director see Plymouth Hoe and the Citadel then continue to the Barbican and Mayflower Steps. Then head out to explore a quaint Cornish fishing village.
- Looe: Journey to the quaint coastal town of Looe. A holiday hotspot in the Victorian era, explore its comely stores and winding streets at leisure.
- Stonehenge: Walk around the strange and awe-inspiring monoliths that have reputedly stood for 5,000 years.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with double the standard legroom and onboard washroom
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to London Heathrow and Gatwick airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
Welcome to London
Oxford, the Cotswolds and Bath.
Bath through the years
Brecon's Beacon National Park
Exmoor National Park to Dartmoor
Exploring the southwest
Legends and glitz in Cornwall
Pirates of Penzance
Country houses in Dorset
Galleries and Gardens of Dorset