The Golden Ring - Small Group, Preview 2022
The Golden Ring – Small Group, 2022
The Golden Ring of once-fortified cities northeast of Moscow, stood witness to some of the most significant events in Russian history. Considered virtual open air museums, their Kremlins, monasteries, cathedrals and churches feature remarkable architecture from the 12th- 18th centuries. With bells ringing out from towering belfries, whitewashed walls, golden spires and onion domes marking the horizon, they rank among the most picturesque in the land.
- Yaroslavl: In Yaroslavl, a delicious dinner is served.
- Suzdal: Dine like a local as you enjoy an authentic lunch with a meal typical of the region.
- Dining Summary: 4 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), 1 Lunch (L)
- Suzdal: Choose between meeting an Orthodox priest and learning about the ancient art of icon painting. Alternatively, join your Local Expert to visit the Monastery of the Saviour St. Ethimius.
- Vladimir: Bring home your own version of the famous Russian souvenir after learning from a professional artist in a special Matryoshka dollmaking workshop.
Top Rated Highlights
- Sergiev Posad : The main attraction is the famous Holy Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra. Among the colourful collection of churches here, visit the Assumption and Holy Trinity cathedrals.
- Rostov the Great: Explore the ivory towered Kremlin and the Museum of Enamel.
- Yarosavl: Visit the green-domed Church of Elijah the Prophet and the Holy Transfiguration Monastery.
- Kostroma: During an orientation with your Travel Director see the fabulous Epiphany Cathedral.
- Vladimir: See the Golden Gate and visit the five-domed Assumption Cathedral. See the carved stone walls of the Cathedral of St. Demetrius.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency
- We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available)
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination
- You may purchase transfers from/to Moscow’s Sheremetyevo and Domodedovo airports on arrival and departure days, or when additional night accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations
- Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport
To Sergiev Posad, Rostov-the-Great and to Yaroslavl
Kostroma and Suzdal Experience
On to Vladimir and return to Moscow